What is the best way for a newbie to step out of their comfort zone and try swinging?

A place to share events for swingers or connect with other swingers in your area.
evangree1

What is the best way for a newbie to step out of their comfort zone and try swinging?

Postby evangree1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 pm

I have never done swinging (or swung[?]) before but would like to try it as something new. However, I can't seem to get over the hesitation of being vulnerable in a group of strangers. Any thoughts?
Rourke

Re: What is the best way for a newbie to step out of their comfort zone and try swinging?

Postby Rourke » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm

evangree1 wrote:I have never done swinging (or swung[?]) before but would like to try it as something new. However, I can't seem to get over the hesitation of being vulnerable in a group of strangers. Any thoughts?

I would suggest a google search to see if there are any local swingers clubs or swingers meetups (slightly more casual option) near you. Also check social media sites like Facebook, meetup.com etc.
Connecting with the local community, making friendships and getting comfortable with people / being able to ask questions can help with the hesitation you're feeling. It can also help you know where you stand in terms of being vulnerable.
I would definitely recommend exploring this desire, it's there for a reason and you won't know until you explore it.
consentsalamander

Re: What is the best way for a newbie to step out of their comfort zone and try swinging?

Postby consentsalamander » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 am

evangree1 wrote:I have never done swinging (or swung[?]) before but would like to try it as something new. However, I can't seem to get over the hesitation of being vulnerable in a group of strangers. Any thoughts?

The BDSM / Kink community does things like Munches. I would see if the Swinger community does anything of the sort! It would be a great intro to the community.
Consent Salamander!
dblueolm

Postby dblueolm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am

SDC and Fetlife are great sites to also look into. The unzipped blog actually just posted a really good post about swinging! http://blog.liberator.com/sex-2/swingin ... -swingers/

It takes a lot to get started swinging and i would really do your research before to make sure you 100% want to.

Return to “Swing / Alternative Relationships”